Lumo Bodytech is a smart sensor and big data company aimed at improving people’s health. We’re backed by premier investors including Madrona Venture Group, Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors, and Jerry Yang’s AME Cloud Ventures.
We seek to expand our world-class team with a hands-on Lead Android Engineer to help build our new wave of wearable technologies and digital health data analytics. You’ll have the opportunity to dramatically change the behaviors and lives of our customers for the better!
- Lead the architecture design and establish coding standards for our Android applications.
- Provide technical direction and mentorship to our team of local and remote Android engineers.
- Investigate technical feasibility, suggest options and provide recommendations.
- Hands-on app development, including feature development, troubleshooting, debugging, problem solving and bug fixing
- Work closely with our Product, UX, and Engineering teams to brainstorm ideas, gather and interpret feedback from users, solve problems that have never been solved before, and create beautiful and elegant user experiences.
- You’re a self-motivated, independent, and high-performance person. You learn quickly and appreciate worthy challenges.
- You think outside the box and are not afraid to share new ideas, while bantering with your peers toward a common goal.
- You love to learn, track the latest technologies, and want to share knowledge with your teammates.
- You are able to deal with ambiguity and change.
- You have a keen eye for pixel-perfect UI, but know when to balance it with a need to build prototypes quickly when iterating.
- 5+ years of mobile application development experience on the Android platform.
- Expertise in Android framework graphics and animation systems.
- Expertise with SQLite and other database libraries.
- Expertise working with the Android Bluetooth stack, with experience troubleshooting BLE issues across various Android phones and chipsets.
- Expertise in multithreading, process optimization, and memory management in native Android.
- Experience with RESTful web services and parsing JSON.
- Experience with source code management processes using git.
- Shipped multiple consumer-facing Android apps.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with cross functional teams.
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills.
- Deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals.
If this sounds intriguing, we want to hear from you!
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.