Guest post from Lumo Run user, Susan Oyler. You can read the original post on her blog ESSENTIAL OYL.
Last month, I was awarded a Lumo.Run smart running sensor as a runner-up prize from the #ThisIsMyCoach contest. Upon delivery, I quickly tore into the box and started getting acquainted with my new gadget. You clip this powerful little device on the back of your shorts and it analyzes your run form based on several metrics:
• Cadence (how frequently your foot contacts the ground, per minute)
• Bounce (also known as vertical oscillation, is the up and down movement that your body experiences while you run)
• Braking (the change in forward speed experienced by your body during a step)
• Drop (the side to side motion of the pelvis)
• Rotation (the twisting motion of the pelvis)