We invite you to make a commitment to better posture and workplace health. We have partnered with Facebook’s workplace health guru, Daniel Lord, to bring you four weeks of posture and activity tasks geared towards improving the following:
- Productivity – Improve your energy and your ability to focus.
- Confidence – Be unapologetic about communicating your confidence. Expansive posture both communicates and builds your confidence.
- Health – You have probably heard that poor posture can lead to back pain and that the increasing amount of time we spend with technology is taking its toll on our health. But a recent study also found that bad posture also makes you sad, afraid and depressed.
- Self-awareness – Your mind and body are your most important cheerleaders. Being more self-aware of your state of mind helps to break bad habits, and self-awareness of your body enables you to create new positive routines and prevent injury.
This program is designed as a schedule of simple tasks you can integrate into your daily work routine. A Lumo Lift is not required to participate. However, with a Lift you can win additional prizes and it will help you to be more successful during the program.
How to participate
- Sign up – Each Monday we will send out a recommended schedule of tasks for the week. To participate and enter to win prizes, click on this link and signup
- Participate – Follow the recommended daily activities each week.
- Win prizes! – Just by signing up, you are committing to become more aware of your posture, which automatically enters you to win a number of prizes, including a FREE Lumo Lift starter kit (including a Lumo Lift + 2 Clasp Packs) and rewards for top performers in the Lumo Lift community. Each week the winners will be announced via Lumo’s social media.
- Invite a friend – Everything is more fun with a buddy, click here to tweet this to your followers or invite a friend.
Why should you participate?
As amazing as technology is, our increasingly sedentary lifestyle is taking a toll on our health. Sitting is now considered to be “the new smoking.” At Lumo BodyTech we believe the best posture is the next posture — and that small changes can have a big impact on your health and well-being.
Daniel Lord is the Physical Medicine Lead for the Facebook Health Center. He dedicates his time to working with employees who suffer from strains and injuries associated with postural stress and sedentary lifestyle.
Many of us spend a majority of our structured time in our workplace, which makes it an ideal location to integrate positive habits into your daily routine.
Anyone can benefit from increasing awareness of their workplace posture and activity. With the completion of this program we hope you will be more aware of your posture and activity. By learning and practicing these tasks over the next four weeks, you will become familiar with a number of easy ways to integrate positive behaviors into your daily routine and positively contribute to your overall health and well-being.
Daniel Lord – Physical Medicine Lead for the Facebook Health Center
Daniel works as the physical medicine lead for the Facebook Health Center with the integrated primary care medical group Crossover Health. He manages the physical therapy, acupuncture and chiropractic services on-site. Daniel is also the sports chiropractor for Oracle Racing Team USA which successfully defended the 34th America’s Cup in San Francisco. During their campaign he was in charge of Oracle’s sports medicine program. Before that Daniel practiced at Chiro-Medical Group, a successful integrative sports-medicine practice in San Francisco. In 2013 Daniel founded the ergonomic and wellness consulting group Propriocep.
Click Here to visit the YouTube Video Play List